Get Fit or Die Tryin’ Part 2

Get Fit or Die Tryin’ Part 2

I mentioned I’d write Part 2 to a post I started near the end of January and my gosh has time flew by. I figured now was about time to follow-up with the remainder of that post.

In part 1 I discussed how adding a daily fitness regiment has not only drastically increased my overall health and fitness but has also increased my productivity allowing me to earn more money.

Of course adding high intensity fitness training was only a small part of the equation. In fact I’d be willing to say that in my circumstances the training and exercise was only about 20% of the equation. The remaining 80% had to do with diet and the foods I was eating but more importantly the foods I stopped eating.

As I mentioned in part 1, I’m following Crossfit.com which is a free and open source model of fitness training. I started back in September but about a month after that, I still hadn’t changed my diet or changed the way I was eating. Which meant my days were packed full of refined sugars and carbohydrates. I would be willing to bet the BULK of my diet was made up of these.

When I finally decided to get my diet into check I figured I’d see what the people over at Crossfit were recommending since they hadn’t led me astray thus far. To my surprise they were suggesting the “Zone Diet” which I’d heard and read about before. A quick google search gave me a billion reasons why the Zone was good or the Zone was bad but I decided to put my trust into Crossfit.

I’ll try to make this as simple to understand as possible without getting into any of the scientific and technical stuff.

The zone works like this. Every meal is a balance of protein, carbohydrates and fat. The ratio is 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. I’m sure you’ve heard people talking about the 40/30/30 diet or zone diet. Same thing.

Now the folks over at Crossfit have released a free PDF of the optimal Zone for Crossfit Methods so you can check that out HERE.

Once I got the diet going and started eating a strict zone the fat just fell off. Literally I was dropping about a pound of body fat per week while still maintaining muscle and lean body mass.

The biggest trick to the success of the zone for me was cutting out sugar and drinking a HELLUVA lot of water. These two simple changes are drastically increasing my energy and productivity and that is key.

Do you know how great it feels to wake up at 6:30 am and be ready to go? No grogginess, no tired eyes, just ready to rock and get stuff done? Hard to imagine that such small changes can be so life changing but they are.

Now… I’m not recommending you go out and start the zoning but I am suggesting this. Look at your overall diet and then consider how you feel each morning. Do you have the energy to accomplish what you want? Do you feel energetic and motivated to tackle whatever is on your plate? If YES, then I’m a firm believer that if it’s not broken don’t fix it.

But if not…. Then I hope this gives you something to think about. Fitness & Diet. Do they really relate to entrepreneurship and making money? You bet.