Buying into a secret that promises you you’ll get rich or be successful is a waste of time and money.
Here are eight free secrets I was thinking about this morning. There are more, but these are eight that have been pretty darn good to me over the past few years.
- Figure out what it is you actually want.
- Avoid negativity. Negative friends, negative family, negative influences (books, movies, TV, co-workers)
- Don’t think about the next big idea. Everyone has great ideas in the shower. It’s those who take action that will succeed. Think about taking the next small action towards the next big idea. Small actions can compound and snowball quickly. Even small insignificant ideas, which are acted upon, make millionaires.
- Outsource when you need to. Don’t waste your time on something you could easily pay to have done cheaper, faster, better.
- Keep your eye on the ball. Do you remember growing up and learning to play baseball? They taught me to play baseball with T-Ball. The idea was to teach us to keep our eye on the ball. The best way to teach this was to put the ball in a single position so it wouldn’t move. Once we could hit the ball, it was time to graduate to the real world. In the real world, the ball is always moving.
- If you miss the ball, just keep swinging. You can have more than three strikes in the real world. Some would argue that the more you strike out, the better you’ll get. Keep swinging.
- Realize that none of it really matters in the end. Paralysis by fear of failure, fear of success, fear of what others might think, are all real fears. I’m not going to deny that. The big realization comes when you see those fears really mean nothing. What’s the worst that could happen?
- Have fun. If it isn’t fun, what’s the point? The moment something becomes not fun, that is the time to look at changing the situation. So many problems are created because we remain in situations that aren’t fun. Change it.
Have a great Monday.