Last year just before the pandemic began, I introduced the 1-Day Process Development program. I was lucky enough to take five companies through the process in short order. They all gave raving testimonials (like this one) and said the session was critical in helping help them truly understand, create, and implement a fully-defined sales process.
With the pandemic, I was forced to cancel a few of these and never turned the 1-Day Sales Process into a virtual offering….until now.
Recently, I spoke with the VP of Sales in a half-billion-dollar company about the challenges that even a company of their size was facing from the lack of process.
For example, he told me:
- They struggled to onboard new sales reps quickly.
- They found themselves in trouble when a key salesperson left (and found this problem more challenging than ever!)
- They didn’t have a systematic way to bring mid-performers up to that top performer level (or new hires up to a decent baseline)
- They couldn’t coach their sales team effectively because most sessions just ended up with some variant of “try harder to hit your numbers.”
Then we switched gears to talk about customer service and customer experience.
- Every time they brought on a new client things were done differently with little to no structure.
- In customer service, even the smallest of issues often found turned into a giant quagmire costing the company time, energy, and money – and customers are still often left unhappy.
- There were no common service standards. Each issue was usually handled case by case.
Meaning, new employees were taught about the corporate culture and company mission but very little guidance on dealing with unhappy clients.
We can’t predict the future, but we can put the right pieces into place to be as successful as possible.
After working with hundreds of organizations across dozens of industries, I’ve found the difference between average and great is almost always found in those who have capitalized on best practices, codified what works, and put structure and process around the most important parts of their business.
What areas do you lack in?
Have you codified your sales process?
Have you defined your minimum expectations of activity?
Have you defined when the right time to ask for a referral is?
When will new and current clients be spoken with or met with the person?
What happens after you gain a new customer or client?
Do you speak to all clients every 90 days and ensure your 10% of clients are met with every 45 days? How do you know it’s happening?
Does everyone complete at least three customer-focused or revenue-generating tasks every day?
You get the idea… How do you ensure all of these things are happening and clients aren’t falling through the cracks?
It can seem daunting – where to start?
That’s why I developed the 1-Day Process program.
You can go from 0 to 60 overnight and start getting all the benefits of having processes in place to safeguard the most valuable areas of your business.
Even better, we can do it virtually. So reach out now, and let’s talk about it.