Yesterday I spoke at a local TedX event in Chatham, Ontario. The theme was Small Towns, Big Ideas. It was certainly a day packed with many big ideas. UPDATED: HERE is a wonderful summary of my talk. Although the blogger says I provide a summary in this post, I believe he summarized it quite nicely and was worth sharing.
I’m not sure when the video of my talk will be posted, and I’ll be sure to share it when it is. However, because I’ve had a few emails asking me about a few of the people, places, and things I talked about, I wanted to share the following resources.
- World Teacher Aid – Check out THIS incredible video describing the work Stu & Amy McLaren are doing. They live in Port Dover, Ontario.
- Wishlist Member – Stu’s Web Startup
- Jamie Waldron – Small Town Butcher Extraordinaire
- Jack Miner’s Bird Sanctuary
- Leamington Heinz Closure Announcement
- Olds Alberta – Small Alberta Town Invests in 1000 Mbps Broadband Internet.
- Hollowing Out The Middle: The Rural Brain Drain and What It Means for America – Buy it On Amazon